THIS ACTIVITY WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL ALL COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS HAVE BEEN FULLY LIFTED
our team challenges are designed to strengthen teamwork, co-operation and communication skills
low team challenges can be either instructor-led or self supervised
if you choose to run this activity yourself we will provide you with full instructions and everything you need
what you need to know…
- up to 12 participants per group
- one group of 12 participants will require one hour to complete this activity
- the minimum age limit for this activity is 8 years of age
the low see-saw
the entire group must balance on the giant see-saw – the team will switch sides or move around in a circle and dismount, all the way through trying to keep the see-saw perfectly balanced!
the group work together to cross an area using boards which are 8′-10′ in length – the boards are placed on protruding stumps in the ground – the team need to get across the acid river without falling in, but there’s only one route to success!
the group start off balanced on a 20ft horizontal log – the challenge begins when the whole group try to switch ends with each other whilst keeping everyone perfectly balanced on the log!
each participant needs to go through one of the gaps in the giant spiders web – each hole is unique and can only be used once by one team member – the groups needs to think things through very carefully before taking any action!
the group starts on a raised platform and must transfer the whole team to a life raft using a rope swing – the exercise is repeated with ever decreasing sized platforms!
can you trust your partner? as the pair work outwards across the V the gap between them increases… balancing perfectly against one another to stay up, how far can the pair make it before they loose it!
important points to note…
- pre-booking is essential – BOOK NOW and we’ll make all the arrangements for you… we usually need seven days notice for instructor-led activity sessions
- the low team challenges area is not lit so activity sessions can only take place during daylight hours
- this activity can operate in most weather conditions – if it’s not safe to proceed your instructor will cancel the session – if this happens we can either reschedule your activity or offer you a full refund, whichever you prefer
- all equipment is provided
- participants should be wearing sensible footwear (no flip-flops, high heels or open-toed footwear), old outdoor activity clothing suitable for the weather conditions – shorts can be worn but not too short… no skirts or dresses!
- this activity does not require a qualified instructor – any appropriate adult can oversee this activity
- you must provide at least one adult to supervise each activity group – you remain responsible for the supervision and pastoral care of your group at all times
- you must tell the instructor if any member of your group has any special needs or requirements relevant to this activity
- you must complete your own risk assessment prior to taking part in this activity taking the age, experience and individual needs of your group in to consideration – copies of our risk assessments are available on request
- adults taking part in this activity must complete an acceptance of risk form