no camp is complete without a fire!
- there is no charge for this activity
every individual camping area on the site has it’s own fire area, a concrete base where you can build your fire directly on to the floor
if you prefer, we have a number of alter fires, stands and fire grids – particularly useful if you plan to cook over an open fire
the site has a well-stocked wood pile at the Duck Lane entrance to the field, mainly comprising of pallet wood
if you want to practice fire lighting as a skill we have a firelighting area, specifically designed to teach young people how to build and light a fire
if you’re looking to have a sing-song around an open fire then why not use our campfire circle, the perfect venue for some outdoor entertainment!
what you need to know…
- this is a self supervised activity
- fire can be dangerous and destructive – don’t build your fire too big and make sure your group receive a full briefing before you start and have a bucket of water or other means of bringing your fire back under control or extinguishing it if needed – always have a first aid kit handy
important points to note…
- pre-booking is essential – BOOK NOW and we’ll make all the arrangements for you
- you must provide at least one adult to supervise each activity group – you remain responsible for the supervision and pastoral care of your group at all times
- you must complete your own risk assessment prior to taking part in this activity taking the age, experience and individual needs of your group in to consideration – copies of our risk assessments are available on request