whatever the age or ability of your group our fully equipped climbing complex is sure to provide challenge and excitement!
our climbing complex includes a 10 metre traditional climbing wall including various climbing routes, a step and an overhang, an auto-belay simulated rock climbing wall and a 10 metre abseiling wall as well as being surrounded by a 35 metre bouldering (or traversing) wall
the tower has a permanent internal staircase providing easy access to the top
important points to note…
- pre-booking is essential – BOOK NOW and we’ll make all the arrangements for you… we usually need seven days notice for instructor-led activity sessions
- the tower area is lit so Auto-Belay Rock Climbing, Traditional Climbing, Abseiling, combined Climbing & Abseiling and Bouldering sessions can take place after dark
- these activities can operate in most weather conditions – if it’s not safe to proceed your instructor will cancel the session – if this happens we can either reschedule your activity or offer you a full refund, whichever you prefer
- all equipment is provided
- participants should be wearing sensible footwear (no flip-flops, high heels or open-toed footwear), old outdoor activity clothing suitable for the weather conditions – shorts can be worn but not too short… no skirts or dresses!
- these activities require a qualified instructor – our instructors will have either a Scout Association Adventurous Activity Permit for Climbing & Abseiling (or a Girlguiding Climbing & Abseiling qualification for Girlguiding Groups) – if you’d like to use our tower activities with your own qualification you’ll need to hold either a Scout Association Adventurous Activity Permit for Climbing & Abseiling (for Scout Groups) or a Girlguiding Climbing & Abseiling qualification (for Girlguiding Groups) or an SPA Award or higher for all other groups
- if your organisation requires you to be instructed by an individual with a higher level of qualification to that stated above we may be able to arrange for an appropriate instructor to run the session at an additional cost – please contact us for further information
- you must provide at least one adult to supervise each activity group – you remain responsible for the supervision and pastoral care of your group at all times
- you must tell the instructor if any member of your group has any special needs or requirements relevant to these activities
- you must complete your own risk assessment prior to taking part in these activities taking the age, experience and individual needs of your group in to consideration – copies of our risk assessments are available on request
- adults taking part in these activities must complete an acceptance of risk form